- 1 cup cider, hard or sweet
- 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp vegetable oil or ghee
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 large apples, cored and diced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- In a blender or food processor, blend cider, ginger, garlic, and spices to a paste.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Cook until brown, about 3 minutes. Turn and brown the second side, another 2 minutes. Remove and set aside. Add onion and shallots to the pan and sauté until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in cider paste and chicken broth. Return chicken to the pan. Cover, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is tender and ALMOST cooked through.
- Remove the chicken out of the pan and cut into smaller strips. Add apples, increase heat to medium high, and cook, stirring, until sauce has thickened and apple is tender, 5 minutes. Put the chicken back into the pan until it’s cooked thoroughly.
- Turn off heat and stir in butter. Sprinkle cilantro on top.