Acai bowls are great because you can mix and match and choose the toppings that you love. My first experience of tasting an acai bowl was at home on O’ahu. Looking back on it, I have so many pictures of acai bowls, its crazy! So naturally, when I came to school in LA, I missed it so much that I made a trip down to the famous Paradise Bowls in Manhattan Beach, and in the summer an acai bowl is the perfect treat. But of course, I thought to myself, what if I don’t want to drive all the way down to the beach?! Well, problem solved. Here’s an easy recipe to create your own delicious acai bowl (for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert!)
Sometimes I like to take acai bowls to work for breakfast. I always make my acai bowl the night before and stick it in the freezer overnight. Then, in the morning, I take out my smoothie and add the toppings (if you put the toppings on before you put the smoothie in the freezer, you just get a frozen mess). By the time I get to work, it is all nice and ready to eat (: Just don’t forget the spoon!Servings: 1 Smoothie
- 1 frozen Sambazon Acai smoothie pack (available at Whole Foods, Costco, and Safeway )
- 1 frozen banana (cutting into slices makes it easier to blend)
- 1 Cup frozen berries (strawberries & blueberries)
- 1/4 – 1/2 Cup soy milk, almond milk, or coconut water (I use closer to 1/4 because I like my smoothie with an “ice cream” like consistency)
- 2 TBSP Honey
- Sliced Banana
- Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries
- Shredded coconut
- Goji berries
- Bee Pollen
- Blend the first four ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into your desired cup or bowl and top with your favorite combination of toppings. Enjoy!