This recipe was given to me by my Aunty Marci. She brought this cake over to our house one night and I (not being a huge cake fan) didn’t have a slice of the cake that she brought. I know, I know. You’re probably either thinking how does she not like cake?! I’m not a big fan of cake because I don’t really care for the dryness and texture. When I finally ended up sneaking a bite of this cake, I literally couldn’t believe my mind. It is SO incredibly moist and chocolate-y and probably one of the best cakes that I have ever had! Aunty Marci made me a believer in cake again…
- 1 Box Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 3 oz instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 8 oz sour cream
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325F
- Mix the yellow cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, canola oil, water, and butter together with a hand mixer until well combined. Then fold in sour cream and chocolate chips by hand.
- Spray a bundt pan (or 9 x 13 pan if you don’t have one) with Pam and pour the batter into the pan. Bake for about 50-55 minutes. Be very careful not to overbake! Take out immediately if toothpick comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Photo courtesy of theredbirdlife.com