- 4 (6″) Corn Tortillas
- 4 Eggs
- 1 15oz can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 Yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- cracked pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- Olive Oil
- 1-2 Avocados (sliced)
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 lime (cut in wedges)
- 1/2 Cup crumbled feta or goat cheese (topping)
- Hot Sauce
- Heat a medium skillet over low heat and add 2 teaspoons olive oil. In a medium bowl, add the tomato, onion, jalapeno, chopped garlic, hot sauce, cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Fry the salsa in the oil until it thickens slightly, 3 minutes. Pour the salsa back into the bowl and set aside.
- Add the beans to the same pan along with the smashed garlic, 1/2 cup warm water and a pinch of salt; cook over low heat until warmed through, smashing slightly with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in another skillet. Fry the eggs sunny-side up; season with salt & pepper.
- Warm the tortillas by placing them in a 250F oven. Place 1 warm tortilla on each plate. Divide the beans among them, then top with a fried egg, some salsa and cheese. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with the remaining salsa.