Slow cookers have officially become my new favorite piece of kitchen equipment. Throw everything into the slow cooker in the morning, turn the dial, and let all the magic happen. By the time you come home from school or work, your house will be filled with an amazing aroma and your tummy filled with DELICIOUS food. This recipe is perfect for a potluck or party (or if you’re just simply too busy to spend hours cooking like me!) Enjoy!Serving Size: About 8-10 tacos
- 3 lbs. chuck roast
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 1-1 1/2 cup sugar (this can be adjusted to taste)
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 can diced pineapple
- 1 TBSP grated ginger
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 cup jicama, shredded
- 2 TBSP rice wine vinegar
- corn tortillas
- lime wedges
- sour cream
- Whisk the soy sauce, onion, sugar, garlic, pineapple, ginger, and red pepper flakes together. Adjust sugar to taste (it should be semi-sweet – – the amount of sugar you use depends on the type of soy sauce used). Place the beef in the slow cooker and pour the marinade over the beef. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours (or until the meat easily shreds with a fork).
- Mix the lettuce, cabbage, jicama, and rice wine vinegar together in a bowl. Toss to evenly coat the veggies with the vinegar.
- Warm up the tortillas (either in the microwave or the oven). Top the tortillas with the slaw, beef, sour cream, and Sriracha. Enjoy!