Serving Size: 4-6 servings Recipe from seriouseats.com
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice from 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic (about 2 medium cloves)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- IN THE MORNING (ON DAY OF COOKING): Whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, oil, ginger, salt, smoked paprika, hot paprika, garlic, black pepper, cumin, and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour in marinade and seal bag, removing as much air as possible. Place in refrigerator and marinate for 4 to 8 hours.
- Soak wooden skewers in water (for at least 30 minutes prior to use) and preheat the grill to medium-high heat
- Thread chicken tightly onto skewers.
- Grill skewers until well browned on all sides and center of chicken registers between 160-165°F on an instant read thermometer (about 3-4 minutes per side). Transfer skewers to platter and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
photo from seriouseats.com