This recipe is only four ingredients (all of which you probably have in your pantry and refrigerator) and it is so easy to make! It is one of my ultimate go-to recipes during the week when I’m swamped with schoolwork. The first time I made this recipe was for my college roomies and they absolutely loved it. Don’t be afraid to double the recipe and make a big batch! Eat some now, save some for later, or make some Sriracha honey lime chicken tacos that are just as scrumptious.
- Chicken Thighs or Drumsticks (About 1 lb)
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 TBSP Honey
- 2 TBSP Sriracha
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 head of lettuce, chopped
- 8 tortillas
- Pat your chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Grill or pan fry the chicken on medium heat until the thighs are cooked through, 20-30 minutes, flipping as needed.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix together the lime juice, honey and sriracha. If grilling, brush both sides of the chicken with the honey mixture and grill, flipping occasionally, until golden and sticky. If cooking on the stove top, add the honey mix to the pan and turn the heat up to medium high and reduce to a glossy sauce, spooning over the chicken. Enjoy!
- Preheat the oven to 300F. Wrap a stack of five or fewer tortillas in a packet of aluminum foil and put in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until heated through. You can do multiple packets of five tortillas each all at the same time.
- Assemble each taco with lettuce, onion, chicken, and top with extra Sriracha to taste. Enjoy!