- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 TBSP salt
- 2 TBSP pepper
- 2 TBSP garlic salt
- 16-18oz tri tip steak
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 anaheim pepper,
- 1 large baguette (or 8 slices of your favorite bread)
1. Mix together salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Rub entire mixture all over the tri-tip. Refrigerate at least an hour and up to all day. Take the meat out of the refrigerator about 20 minutes before grilling.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
3. Place the meat directly above the flame for 5 to 10 minutes per side (depending on thickness) to sear the meat and lock in the juices.
4. Turn the grill down to medium heat and continue to cook for another 25 to 30 minutes, trying not to flip it too much. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer. Thermometer should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C) for medium-rare. Let stand, covered loosely with aluminum foil, for 5 minutes before slicing.
5. Slice the bell pepper and anaheim pepper in half (lengthwise) and remove the stem and seeds. Brush both sides of the peppers with olive oil. Place skin side down on hot grill, until skin blisters and peppers soften (3-8 minutes depending on grill). Turn peppers and grill until inner side is done (about half the time of the skin side — 2-4 minutes). Once the peppers are cool enough to handle, slice the peppers into thin strips.
6. Load up your sandwiches with beef, blue cheese, arugula, and peppers. Enjoy!