- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cups raw almonds
- 1/2 cup honey or agave
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins or cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- egg whites from 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, almonds, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the honey, oil, vanilla extract and egg whites.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry and stir until everything is mixed thoroughly.
- Spread mixture onto baking sheet so that it is a large, flat rectangular shape.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes (at this time add in the raisins). Continue baking for a total of 45 minutes or until toasty brown.
- Allow granola to completely cool before breaking up into large chunks.*
*If you prefer not to have large chunks of granola then remove it from the oven at 30 minutes and stir before cooking the remainder of the time. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.