I’m craving shoyu ahi poke from Foodland right now >_<
Even though it might be a little more expensive, purchase a quality piece of ahi. I usually stop by a local asian market, or farmers market that carries high-quality fish. It’ll be worth it!
- 1 pound ahi, cubed (about 3/4″ blocks)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup sweet onions, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, cut into small cubes
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 chili pepper, diced (remove seeds and core), or red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons macadamia nuts, finely chopped (in place of Inamona salt which is difficult to find outside of Hawaii)
- Salt to taste
- Gently toss all ingredients in a medium sized bowl until the ahi is completely coated in shoyu mixture. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Serve over rice or as a side dish.