Serving Size: 16 Squares
For the Cake:
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1 Tablespoon (additional) Butter
- 3/4 cups Sugar
- 1 whole Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cups Whole Milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
For the Topping:
- 3/4 sticks Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and a salt. Stir and set aside.
- Use a hand mixer to mix 1/2 stick plus 1 tablespoon butter with cinnamon and sugar. Add egg and mix until combined. Add vanilla and mix. Add flour mixture and milk alternately until totally incorporated. Do not overbeat.
- Microwave the apples in 30-second intervals until slightly softened. Stir in apples until evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine topping ingredients and cut together using two knives or a pastry cutter. Sprinkle over the top of the cake.
- Bake cake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Sprinkle with sugar. Cut into squares and serve with softened butter.
Recipe Adapted from The Pioneer Woman