- Olive oil spray for baking sheet
- 8 oz package of baby bella crimini mushrooms
- 3-4 oz goat cheese
- Salt and Ground pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves
- 1 package of grape or cherry tomatoes and/or sunburst tomatoes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Wash the mushrooms, pat them dry, and remove the stems so that they resemble little mushroom “bowls.”
- Using a butter knife or a spoon, spread the goat cheese into the caps of the mushrooms until level with the edge. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a basil leaf on top of the goat cheese followed by a tomato half, inside facing up. Spike it with a toothpick and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat for all remaining mushrooms.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tomatoes and mushrooms start to shrivel around the edges. Enjoy!
Recipe inspiration from Tattooed Martha