- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil for frying
- KING’S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Round Bread or Sweet Sliced Bread
- If using King’s Hawaiian Sweet Round Bread, slice bread crosswise so that each slice is about 1-inch thick. Cut larger slices into halves or thirds, if desired. Set aside.
- Preheat a skillet to 325F or frying pan to medium-high heat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Be sure to mix prior to dipping each slice to ensure it’s well-blended.
- Quickly dip slices (do not soak) in egg mixture and cook in frying pan until golden brown on both sides.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with warm coconut or maple syrup.