- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil for frying
- Sweet Bread: King’s Hawaiian Sweet Round Bread or Sweet Challah Bread
- Toppings: Fresh fruit, powdered sugar, maple or coconut syrup
- Cut bread into 1-inch thick slices. Set aside.
- Preheat a skillet to 325F or frying pan to medium-high heat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Be sure to mix prior to dipping each slice to ensure the mixture is well-blended.
- Quickly dip slices (do not soak) in egg mixture and cook in frying pan until golden brown on both sides.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with warm coconut or maple syrup.