- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar with a handheld mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer) until the mixture is well-combined.
- Add the vanilla and eggs and beat until the mixture is creamy and light in color, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, salt and soda and mix until just combined; a few streaks of flour remaining are ok.
- Add the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts and mix until combined and no streaks of flour remain.
- Roll tablespoon (or slightly larger) size balls of dough and place on silpat or parchment lined baking sheets, 1 to 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes.