- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 shallot
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- ¼ lb ground pork
- 1 tsp. Chili Bean Sauce/Paste (La Doubanjiang)
- 3 Tbsp. Awase Miso Paste
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- 2 servings ramen noodles
Ramen Topping Ideas:
- Chashu Pork **requires about 2 hours**
- Bean Sprouts
- Soft Boiled Eggs
- Corn Kernels
- Nori (Seaweed)
- Chopped scallion/green onion
- Mince the garlic, ginger and shallot.
- Grind the sesame seeds (either by hand or in a coffee grinder).
- In a medium pot, heat sesame oil over medium heat and cook the minced garlic, ginger, and shallot until fragrant.
- Increase heat to medium high and cook the meat until no longer pink.
- Add spicy bean paste (La Doubanjiang) and miso paste.
- Add the sesame seeds and sugar and mix until well combined.
- Add rice wine vinegar, chicken stock, salt and pepper.
- Keep the ramen soup simmering.
**At this time, prepare the ramen toppings because the noodles will be done in about two minutes**
9. Bring a large pot of un-salted water to a boil. Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. I usually under-cook the noodles (al dente) about 30 seconds earlier than suggested time. The noodles will continue to cook slightly in the ramen broth.
10. When noodles are done, quickly pour them into a strainer. Be sure to drain all of the water well so as not to dilute your delicious miso ramen broth.
11. Serve the noodles into bowls. Add the soup and top with prepared toppings. Enjoy!