Serving Size: Two Sandwiches
- 1/2 Avocado, sliced
- 1 Roma Tomato, sliced
- 4 Slices Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 (4″ dia) Portobello Mushroom Cap
- 4 TBSP Trader Joe’s Red Pepper Eggplant Spread
- 2 Ciabatta Rolls
- Scoop out the insides of the mushroom cap. Grill the mushroom in a pan over medium heat for about 3 minutes on each side. Once it’s cool enough to handle, cut into slices.
- Turn the oven settings to “broil – high.” Cut the Ciabatta bread in half so you have two open faces. On one half spread the eggplant spread then layer the sliced avocados and mozzarella on top. On the other half layer the portobello and then the tomato slices. Place both halves of the sandwich in the oven until the cheese has just melted.
- Combine the two sandwich halves and enjoy!