Serving Size: 4
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts (about 5-6oz each)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup capers, rinsed
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 8oz dry pasta (choose your favorite!)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 4 tbsp butter and olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook the other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan, add the lemon juice, stock and capers and bring the mixture to a boil. Scrape up any brown bits from the pan (they add loads of flavor!) Return the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to platter. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley. Serve over pasta (: