- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 + 1/2 Cups very ripe bananas (about 2 – 3)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 Cup buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Generously grease and flour a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy (about 1 minute). Add the bananas and eggs and beat until smooth. Then add the buttermilk until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking power, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add flour mixture into the banana mixture and beat just until combined (the batter should be slightly lumpy).
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s). Bake for 55-65 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes. Invert cake onto a wire rack and let it cool completely before slicing.