I love love love Thai food. So when my sister went to Thailand last summer, I was so jealous of all the delicious foods that she was able to eat. She brought me back this amazing cookbook that has all of my favorites like Pad Thai and Pad Kee Mao. I decided to be (a little) adventurous and try a new recipe from the book and this Pad Kra Phao looked so good. This recipe is so incredibly simple and is an excellent choice for a weeknight dinner. With just a little bit of chopping and prepping (which can be done the night before if you like) you can have a quick and yummy meal in no time!
Serving Size: 4
- 1lb ground pork, beef, or chicken (Veg: tofu, cut into 1″ cubes)
- 2 Tbsp grapeseed or canola oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh Thai Chili
- 3 Tbsp chopped Thai Basil
- 1/3 Cup green beans (chopped into 2″ pieces)
- 1/3 Cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 Onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce (Veg: soy sauce)
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce (Veg: mushroom sauce)
- 1 tsp sugar
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat and add the garlic and chili until fragrant.
- Add in pork, chicken, beef, or tofu, and stir until cooked.
- Add the onion and green beans and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until cooked. (I prefer to cook my onions a little bit longer and have my green beans on the crisper side).
- Add in the fish sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar.
- Serve on top of rice and garnish with chopped basil.