- 2lb chicken thighs, cut into pieces (omit if vegetarian)
- 3 Carrots, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5-oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth (or vegetable)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground tumeric
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 zucchini (1/2 pound) thinly sliced
- In a large pot, combine the chicken, carrots, onions, tomatoes, chickpeas, chicken stock, 1/2 cup water, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, chili powder, 1 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Bring the contents to a gentle simmer over medium heat, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Add the zucchini and cook for an additional 15 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve on top of a bed of Moroccan spiced rice, and enjoy!