- 8 ounces extra firm tofu
- Olive oil
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric (optional)
FOR SERVING (Optional)
- Hot Sauce
- Breakfast potatoes
- Wrap tofu in a clean, absorbent towel and place something heavy on top of it. This will drain out all of the excess water out of the tofu.
- While tofu is draining, prepare sauce by adding dry spices to a small bowl and adding enough water to make a pourable sauce. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1-2 Tbsp olive oil and the add kale and tomatoes. Season with a bit of salt and pepper, and cover to steam for 2 minutes.
- In the meantime, unwrap tofu and use a fork to crumble into bite-sized pieces. Place the tofu in the spice sauce and coat evenly.
- Use a spatula to move the veggies to one side of the pan and add tofu to the other side. Stir the tofu and veggies on their respective sides to ensure that neither side burns. Sauté for about 2 minutes. Stir all together and cook for another 5-7 minutes until tofu is slightly browned.
- Serve immediately with the breakfast potatoes and feel free to add your favorite hot sauce cilantro for added heat and flavor! Enjoy