It’s time for Sunday brunch! Who doesn’t love Sunday brunches? If you’re feeling fancy, you might even throw in a few mimosa’s with your waffles! If you’ve got kiddo’s, then maybe just some orange juice. This recipe is quick, easy, healthy, and delicious. So bust out that waffle maker and prepare to become the most loved person in the house (:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¾ cups milk (cow or soy)
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Spray Canola Oil (such as Pam)
- Maple syrup for serving
- Additional Topping Ideas (Sliced Banana, Chocolate Chips, Almonds, Coconut)
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, honey, cinnamon, and baking soda until well combined.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk together just until combined (until you see no dry flour left).
- Following your waffle iron’s instructions, oil the iron, ladle the proper amount of batter onto the center of the iron, and cook the waffles.
- Keep waffles warm until you finish cooking all of them. Top with syrup and any additional toppings. Enjoy!