The first time I had this crepe was in Paris while I was studying abroad. I ordered this banana and Nutella crepe as a snack and absolutely loved it! Although I don’t have a fancy crepe pan like they do in Paris, I’ve found that a large frying pan is all that you really need! Everyone in my family loves these crepes, especially with Nutella and banana. This is another great recipe for a Sunday morning breakfast because the batter can even be made the night before!Servings: 8 – 10 crepes
- 1 large egg
- 3/8 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter, for coating the pan
- Nutella & Banana (for filling)
- Powdered sugar (for topping)
- *Night Before or at least 1 hour:* In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and pulse for 10 seconds. Place the crepe batter in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. This allows the bubbles to subside so the crepes will be less likely to tear during cooking.
- Heat a small non-stick pan. Add butter to coat. Pour 2 tablespoons of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly. Cook for 30 seconds and flip. Cook for another 10 seconds and transfer them to a cutting board or flat plate to cool. Continue until all batter is gone. After they have cooled you can stack them and store in resealable plastic bags in the refrigerator for several days or in the freezer for up to two months. When using frozen crepes, thaw on a rack before gently peeling apart.
- While the crepes are cooling, slice the banana as thin as you can. On each crepe, spread a thin layer of Nutella, and place a few bananas down the center-line of the crepe. Fold 1/3 of the crepe over the line of bananas, and then the other third of the crepe over the first layer of crepe. Top with powdered sugar and enjoy!