Servings: About 4 cups
- 2lbs strawberries, hulled
- 4 Cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- In a wide bowl, crush strawberries in batches until you have 4 cups of mashed berries. If you don’t have a masher, pulse strawberries in a blender or food processor until you reach the consistency you desire.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, mix together the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring often, until the mixture reaches 220 degrees F.
- Transfer to hot sterile jars, leaving 1/4 to 1/2 inch headspace, and seal. Process in a water bath. If the jam is going to be eaten right away, don’t bother with processing, and just refrigerate.
If it’s your first time canning, be sure to check out Ball’s easy step-by-step guide here.