- 1 Box Brownie Mix + required ingredients per the box’s instructions
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- TAKE THE CREAM CHEESE OUT OF THE FRIDGE. I swear this is the step that I always forget…but it is probably the most important of them all. Cold cream cheese = chunky cheesecake = sad baker.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Make the Brownies: prepare the brownie box mix as stated on the box. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of the KitchenAid Mixer, add all of the ingredients for the cheesecake layer. Attach the wire whip. Mix on low speed (1 or 2) until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Drain the excess water from the bowl and add the medjool dates to the food processor. Pulse until the dates are in small bits.
- Add the almond and oat mixture gradually into to the food processor in 1/2 cup increments. Continue to add/pulse until a dough like consistency is achieved.
- Scoop the brownie mixture into a parchment-lined 8″ x 8″ baking dish. Gently press down the mixture until it forms an even layer.
- For the chocolate layer, gently melt coconut oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir cocoa powder, honey, and vanilla extract into melted oil until well blended.
- Pour mixture over the brownie layer and refrigerate until set (about 1 hour).
- Enjoy these scrumptious little treats!