Happy Saint Patricks Day everyone!! Today is day FOUR of my special week of recipes that feature the KitchenAid Stand Mixer. My tutu (grandma) used to make us a classic St. Patricks Day dinner with corned beef and the works. She would always make a double batch of her delicious mashed potatoes because she knew that they were my favorite part of the meal! So today we’ll be whipping up some delicious creamy, and cheesy mashed potatoes to complete our St. Patty’s Day inspired dinner!
Servings: 4 Servings
- 2lb russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 – 1 cup whole or 2% milk (do not use skim, 1%, soy, or nut milk)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Corned Beef
- Steamed Cabbage & Carrots
- Place the cubed potatoes in a medium pot and fill the pot with enough water to just cover the potatoes. Bring the water to a gentle boil and cook until tender, about fifteen minutes. The potatoes will be done when you can easily cut through the flesh of the potato with a knife.
- When the potatoes are done, drain the water (or reserve the water for a soup thickener, breads, etc) and pour the hot potatoes in the bowl of the stand mixer. Immediately add the butter and let it sit for about two minutes. This step allows the butter to melt as well as let some of the steam escape from the potatoes, allowing them to have a “fluffy” texture.
- Using the flat beater attachment, mix on low (speed 1 or 2) and slowly pour in the Parmesan cheese. Gradually add the milk until the potato mixture reaches your desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with Corned Beef and Cabbage for a classic St. Patty’s Day Dinner!