- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- chocolate chips – optional
- peanuts – optional
Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons milk, or as needed
- 1 cups confectioners’ sugar
- To make brownies: Preheat the oven to 350F. Add all of the brownie ingredients together in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and/or peanuts if desired.
- Pour into a greased 8x8in cake pan or 12 muffin tins and bake for about 30-35 minutes. If you stick a toothpick or sharp knife into the center of the brownie, it should come out clean.
- Let the brownies cool completely before cutting.
- To make the frosting: While the brownies are cooling, place the softened butter and peanut butter into a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer. Gradually add the powdered sugar until the mixture thickens. Then alternate adding the powdered sugar and milk until all of the sugar is mixed in. If it is too thick, add a splash of milk. If it is too runny, add more powdered sugar. The frosting should be thick, yet spreadable.
- Once the brownies are completely cooled, spread the peanut butter frosting on top, and top with chocolate chips and/or peanuts if desired. Enjoy!