This dish is all of the things we look for in a recipe – it is easy, delicious, and can be made ahead of time. Not only is it possible to make it the night before, but it’s better to make it the night before. It is perfect for everything from a brunch party, to Christmas morning breakfast, and even a busy weekday breakfast before school! Aside from being easy, this meal will please all of your friends who may be vegetarian and gluten free. It’s a great party dish and keeps well in the fridge for three-four days.
Serving Size: 8 servings
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt (2% or whole milk)
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 3/4 pound ground sausage (pork, turkey, chicken, or veggie)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 3 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper
- Cast Iron Skillet or 9″x13″ Baking Dish
Prep Work (Night before):
- Combine the eggs, yogurt, and pesto in a large mixing bowl. Add all of the ingredients (BUT reserve about half of the goat cheese) and mix well until combined. Place the bowl in the refrigerator and let it sit overnight (or at least an hour). This will help all of the flavors combine together to create an even more scrumptious dish.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare the cast iron skillet or 9×13″ baking dish by spraying with cooking oil.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 45-60 minutes or until a knife comes out of the center of the pan clean. Enjoy warm!