It’s that time again…Thanksgiving! A pumpkin pie is one of the essential items that is needed after a night full of turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes. Here’s a quick and easy recipe that is sure to be a hit for your Thanksgiving (or Friendsgiving!) party tomorrow night.
Yield: One, 9-in Pie
- 1 Pie Crust (Homemade or Store bought)
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Garnish: whipped cream or powdered sugar, optional
- Food Processor
- 9-in Pie Pan
- Pie Crust shield – or this easy DIY Foil Version
- Preheat the oven to 450F degrees. Make your pie shield, you’ll probably need it.
- Roll out the dough into a circle that is about 9.5in – 10in in diameter. Place the dough into the pie plate and press evenly into the bottom and sides of the plate.
- Whisk the pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350F degrees and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. If you notice the pie crust browning too quickly, cover with a pie crust shield.
- Top with whipped cream, powdered sugar, or your favorite garnish.