Previously, I posted a recipe for a beautiful slow cooker jambalaya that you simply throw everything in the pot and forget about. But this is a recipe for those days where I come home from work and just want a quick 30 minute meal. It’s spicy, hearty, and oh so delicious. Did I also mention it’s a one pan meal?
Serving Size: 6 Servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 box Zatarain’s Jambalaya Rice Mix, Low Sodium
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (12oz) package andouille sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Large deep skillet or 5-quart Dutch oven
- Heat oil in skillet or Dutch oven on medium heat. Add the onion and bell peppers and cook for about 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Stir in the tomatoes, water and Jambalaya Mix. Bring to boil and then reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and sausage. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer or just until shrimp turn pink and rice and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.