This one-pot chicken recipe delivers a creamy, hearty, and flavorful meal that everyone in your family is sure to enjoy!
Serving Size: 8 (main dish)
- 8 chicken breasts (~5oz each)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 (16 oz) can roasted red peppers, finely diced
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz. low-fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 3-4 cups white rice, cooked
- Large Skillet or Cast-iron Pan
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or cast iron pan over medium heat and add the chicken breasts to the pan. Be careful not to overcrowd the chicken breasts (if you need to, cook the chicken in multiple batches). Sear the chicken for 5 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté the onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the diced red peppers and sauté for another 1-2 minutes. Add the chicken broth, cream cheese and crushed red pepper. Simmer, stirring to melt the cream cheese.
- Once the sauce is smooth, add the chicken breast back into the skillet to warm them up. Stir in the chopped basil and simmer another 2 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice, and enjoy!